Check out this item in my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/listing/668547021/a-framed-canvas-wall-decor-when-life
I am going to explain, how to do a quick & versatile DIY project. It’s called a reverse canvas project & crafters, it is SOOO easy!
Here is what you need:
1. A Canvas, the kind with the canvas wrapped around a piece of wood.
2. Some black Acrylic paint or spray paint.
4. A Cricut Heat Press or Iron
5. Clear Protective Coating Spray – any brand
6. Staple gun or Glue gun
Ok, time for the fun part! We’re making a reverse canvas wall decor using one of my favorite little Southern quotes stating;
“When Life Gives You Lemons, Put Them in Your Sweet Tea & Thank God You’re From the South”!
1.) Purchased a 7 pack of canvases from Hobby Lobby ($9.99)
2.) We detached the actual canvas from the plain wood using a razor knife or exact knife, right on the edges so the canvas will be the size of the whole back of the frame.
4. I hand paint my wood frame with black folk art paint because I like the way it looks. You can use spray paint too! Let fully dry.
3. Next, I fired up my Cricut Explorer Air 2 & designed this Southern Religious quote to fit the canvas size of 11″x 13″, selected mirror & cut it on Cricut Black Stronghold Iron-on Vinyl.
4. My hubby pressed on the vinyl letters with a Shark Ultimate Professional Iron because he is just more detail oriented than me!
5. Then he taped the canvas to the back of the frame to stretch it tight & set it up for the staple gun.
6. He staples the canvas, tight, all the way around.
7. Then we measure to the middle & hammer on a sawtooth hanger for easy wall hanging!
8. Lastly, we spray the wooden frame & canvas art with a clear protective coating.
Very easy, very stylish & a versatile DIY project! Any questions, just ask! Thanks for stopping by!